An annulment is a legal procedure that declares a marriage null and void. While both annulment and divorce essentially end a marriage, an annulment differs from divorce in the sense that it asserts that the marriage never actually existed as opposed to stating that the marriage is irretrievably broken.
Our Denver annulment lawyers at Goldman Law, LLC are highly skilled at representing individuals who are interested in having their marriages invalidated. We are experienced at overseeing such cases and are capable of obtaining the annulments our clients need to move forward with their lives.
Grounds for Annulment in Colorado
In the state of Colorado, a number of requirements must be met in order to legally obtain an annulment. Such grounds for annulment include establishing that:
- One or both parties were under pressure when the marriage took place
- One party committed some form of fraud, and that such misrepresentation was a part of the marriage’s “essence” (such as if one party were lying about his or her identity)
- One partner was not of legal age to get married and did not have the proper consent to get married
- One partner was not mentally capable of legally agreeing to getting married (such as if he or she was living with mental impairments or was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the marriage)
- An illegal act such as incest, polygamy or bigamy was fundamental to the marriage
Presenting proof of any of these grounds for annulment is essential to getting the marriage invalidated. Consulting with a competent annulment lawyer, however, is critical to arriving at a successful resolution of the matter.
Contact the Denver Annulment Attorneys at Goldman Law, LLC
If you are considering getting an annulment, the trusted attorneys at Goldman Law, LLC are here to discuss your situation and your best options. Our lawyers are devoted to advocating for our clients’ rights and helping them resolve their legal issues in the most favorable, efficient, and effective manner possible.
Call (720) 336-2362 or email us using the contact form on this page to received a professional case evaluation. We serve clients in Denver and all throughout Colorado.